You are here

History

Lura and Cap Crossley started the Marin Unit in 1952 and held the first duplicate games in Marin at the Jewish Community Center on Mission Street in San Rafael. 

Lura started the Crossley Bridge Club in the mid-1950s and taught and ran games at the Jewish Center, The Marin Art and Garden Center, Tiburon Tommies as well as at her home at 15 Via Cheparro in Greenbrae.  She continued running those games into the 1960s and also started games in Novato at the Community Center.

In the late sixties she moved to 714 C Street in San Rafael and combined her games into the first Crossley Bridge Center.  In 1971 she rented and later purchased the Greenbrae Rod and Gun Club at 18 Greenbrae Boardwalk in Greenbrae offering bridge lessons and bridge tournaments for players of all levels.

Bob and Janet Crossley are closing the Crossley Bridge Center in February 2018.  Bob retired from directing at the end of 2017 and plans to hold occasional seminars and private lessons in the near future.  Janet will continue as a substitute director at local clubs and plans to offer private and group lessons after she retires from her full-time job, a few years from now.